APPLICATIONS for I AM SHE 2012 pageant are open till May 21

APPLICATIONS for I AM SHE 2012 pageant are open till May 21
Click to Apply now

Welcome To Missosology India : Miss India 2012 and 2013 Updates and Coverage here

Missosology.org proudly presents The INDIA Section .

Please visit the Missosology India Forum also for discussion with Pageant Fans from all across India


MISS INDIA 2012 and 2013

MISS INDIA 2012 and 2013
CLICK FOR COMPLETE FEMINA MISS INDIA 2012 AND 2013 COVERAGE

I AM SHE 2012 : Miss India for Miss Universe

I AM SHE 2012 : Miss India for Miss Universe
Click here for a brief and fast coverage for I AM SHE 2012 : Miss India for Miss Universe

MISS INDIA MESSAGE BOARD AND FORUM FOR ALL PAGEANT FANS

MISS INDIA MESSAGE BOARD AND FORUM FOR ALL PAGEANT FANS
P.S : You need to Register First to Enjoy the Debates and Discussions : CLICK IMAGE TO REGISTER

WHAT'S NEW

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

USHOSHI PREPARATION FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2010

All the best!
HOURS BEFORE SHE BOARDED THE FLIGHT TO LAS VEGAS TO REPRESENT INDIA IN THE MISS UNIVERSE 2010 PAGEANT, AN EXCITED USHOSHI SENGUPTA SPOKE TO T2 ON WHY LIFE FELT LIKE A DREAM

When we called her on Friday afternoon, Ushoshi Sengupta had just stepped out of Haji Ali in Mumbai. “I had gone to make a wish,” giggled the 5’ 7.5” winner of the Sushmita Sen pageant I Am She 2010. And to guess her wish is easy — to win the coveted Miss Universe 2010 crown in Las Vegas on August 23. “Hobey toh bolo?” she asks, a little anxious. The next moment she is her usual confident self. “I just have to!” announces the Bong beauty.

A t2 chat…

What exactly are you feeling?

Actually, there is no time to feel anything or get scared. I am busy with last-minute packing, going to temples and meeting people. But I am just very excited right now! I can’t wait to board my flight to New York. Right now, I am on the (Bandra-Worli) sea link. People say it is a very lucky place. I just went to Siddhivinayak and Haji Ali. My flight is at 12.45am. I’ll be going to New York and from there to Las Vegas. Ma’am (Sushmita Sen) will be joining me there either on August 13 or 14. The pageant is on August 23. If I win I get to stay back in New York for a year!

I can’t believe that all this is really happening and today is the day I board my flight! It feels like a dream. There are people to pack my bags, so many people praying. For the first time I have a feeling that people are going to sit and watch Miss Universe. I am carrying a lucky-charm bag and my favourite blue audition dress! I have been asked not to wear it as it has been abused quite a lot. (Laughs). But I told Ma’am that let me carry it. At least I can sleep in it the night before the finals! I also wanted to carry my Tilottama bag. It is lucky for me. Nayanika (Chatterjee, who groomed her for Sananda Tilottama) has told me not to fight with anybody.

What’s on the agenda there?

There is no training in Miss Universe. The contestants are trained from their countries. So till August 23, we will have different appearances and events. Videotaping, swimsuit round, national costume round… lots will happen. There is also something called the national gift auction. Basically, all the contestants carry a gift from their countries. I am carrying an Om made by Golecha Jewellers. It is made of uncut diamonds and is beautiful! When we were thinking about the national gift, our main motto was to take something that has initiated the whole world. And what better than an Om?Whatever money they collect will go for HIV and AIDS awareness.

Then there is the swimsuit round. The costumes will be given by the Miss Universe organisation. There is a personality round too. We have a one-on-one with the judges. I don’t know who the judges are, but I am hoping that Shobhaa De ends up being a judge. She is so lucky for me! She was there in Tilottama and she was there in I Am She. I don’t mind a Brad Pitt actually! This time strict instructions have been given to me that whatever I did with Shah Rukh (Khan) — she hugged him on stage — was okay because it was homeland, but not at this pageant…(Laughs). Whoever the judge is, I hope that he spells my name correctly.

Which designers will you don?

I made Ma’am and Dev and Nil meet because I wanted them to do something for me. They are doing my national costume. The piece that they have designed is stunning! Ma’am was like, “for a long time people have worn saris and ghagra cholis. So why not do something which has a national bird or something…”

Malini Ramani has given me some gowns, daywear, wrap-dresses, shoes, jewellery. Eina Ahluwalia has given me lots of jewellery… a lot of her funky stuff… net and silver jewellery, some nice silver rings from her new collection. It is such a wonderful feeling! So many people have called me from all over Calcutta asking me whether I wanted something… I am on top of the world.

My final gown is by Shantanu and Nikhil. It is an amazing piece. Ma’am wanted a gown for me in a particular shade (the colour of the ruling planet) that I cannot reveal right now. She went to Just Cavalli and Versace for that particular shade. It has been custom-made by Ma’am and them together. It is corseted till my waist and a little ball-gownish with a lot of diamente.

For the first time I am going to tie my hair. It is going to be a little puffed at the top with ringlets because Ma’am is very stubborn about my curls. She says the curls are yours and from a distance people should make out that Miss India is coming. Rajat Tangri has put together all the looks for me. He has given me some stunning evening dresses. For the personality round, he has given me these amazing organza business suits which are to die for. Anamika Khanna has done a lot of business jackets and suits for me for the interview round.

Dev and Nil on designing Ushoshi’s costume for the national round

Sushmita Sen wanted a contemporary cut and also the theme of the national bird. The design had to incorporate the colours of the peacock. The sketches went through a couple of stages. Then we got the colour done.

It is a gown but inspired by the drape of a sari, which has a choli and a long flowing skirt. The base of the gown is Persian indigo blue and it is layered with gold shimmer offering a contrast. The colour of the gown is looking stunning with her skin tone. We did not use feathers at all. The feather effect has been replicated with organza lace. There is hand-embroidery and machine-embroidery with gold zardosi work. So when she does a namastey, the whole pekham will open up. We have used silk, organza, silk-satin and silk blend. We can proudly say nothing like this has been done before.

She will be wearing a single piece jewellery on one side of her hair with kundan earrings. There will also be a bracelet with it. No neckpieces. Very contemporary but also very royal.

No comments:

Post a Comment