APPLICATIONS for I AM SHE 2012 pageant are open till May 21

APPLICATIONS for I AM SHE 2012 pageant are open till May 21
Click to Apply now

Welcome To Missosology India : Miss India 2012 and 2013 Updates and Coverage here

Missosology.org proudly presents The INDIA Section .

Please visit the Missosology India Forum also for discussion with Pageant Fans from all across India


MISS INDIA 2012 and 2013

MISS INDIA 2012 and 2013
CLICK FOR COMPLETE FEMINA MISS INDIA 2012 AND 2013 COVERAGE

I AM SHE 2012 : Miss India for Miss Universe

I AM SHE 2012 : Miss India for Miss Universe
Click here for a brief and fast coverage for I AM SHE 2012 : Miss India for Miss Universe

MISS INDIA MESSAGE BOARD AND FORUM FOR ALL PAGEANT FANS

MISS INDIA MESSAGE BOARD AND FORUM FOR ALL PAGEANT FANS
P.S : You need to Register First to Enjoy the Debates and Discussions : CLICK IMAGE TO REGISTER

WHAT'S NEW

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

PRACHI MISHRA on FEMINA MISS INDIA








PFMI was a big risk for me: Prachi Mishra

New postby Virgin Chudail » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:24 am

Life came a full circle for Allahabad girl, Prachi Mishra, on Friday, April 30, when she was crowned Miss India Earth 2012 in the glittering grand finale of the Pantaloons Femina Miss India, 2012. The little girl who used to copy the 'Miss India pose' - the flower bouquet in one hand, while waving to the crowd with the other - in front of the mirror in the privacy of her room, was doing it for real in front of a thousand strong crowd. "Such an irony na - it's a moment I was waiting for all my life but at the same time, the news, that I am a Miss India, has not even sunk in," reacts an elated Prachi a day later amid the flurry of interviews and photo ops.Of course, the presence of scores of friends cheering for Prachi among the crowd at the sprawling Bhavan's College ground definitely helped. "My best friend, Parul, came from Delhi to see me on stage, my friends from Pune (where Prachi had been working prior to competing in the PFMI) also came down. Though I really wish my elder sister was here. I owe her a lot," smiles Prachi, agreeing that competing in PFMI, or for that matter even dabbling in modelling, was a tough choice for this girl from UP. "You know how it is... people still think in a conservative manner when it comes to modelling and acting. And more than that, they feel these fields are not safe. But that is a notion I have to dispel. I, too, was apprehensive at first but the team made me feel so comfortable..." As for her parents, Prachi admits convincing them was not easy. "My father told me categorically, 'Finish your studies and then you can do what you want to.' And I did just that, finished studies, gained an MBA degree and even got a job. And then I thought of taking a chance with PFMI because now no one could stop me," reminisces Prachi.At the same time, Prachi admits she understands her parents' worries. "It was a big risk, certainly. I quit my bank job to participate in the PFMI contest. Had I not won the Miss India Earth crown, I would have been looking for a job right now!"Also, her parents' strictures on finishing her studies first was a blessing in disguise, because, "I was confident of myself after having worked in a professional environment. After all, how could answering judges be any different from appearing in interviews or handling clients? I took the PFMI crown as a target, and I'm pretty good at achieving mine," laughs Prachi. However, that certainly does not mean it was a cakewalk all through. Prachi admits to moments of indecision - like the bikini round. "Oh yes, that was quite a worry," she laughs, explaining, "I had never worn one ever, who in India does? And when we were told we had to wear one, I asked myself, 'can I do it?' But then the team explained to us that one, it was mandatory, and two what is the big deal about wearing a bikini anyway? On the international ramp, everybody does it. Their words worked and when I went on the stage in a bikini, I felt so good, so confident. I felt 'I am looking like a queen, I have the most beautiful body.' Bas."Prachi admits to already feeling the pressure for the next step, the international arena. But for now, she says that all she wants to do is to reach home and be with her mother. "My parents are right now in Gorakhpur. I spoke to my mom on the phone. But I want to hug her hard and tell her, 'your daughter's a Miss India now!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment